We hope you will become a member of Informed Beginnings, the only cooperative that certifies and supports childbirth educators. Benefits of joining Informed Beginnings include:
- Access to our online forums: community, support, and teaching resources
- Your first two continuing education webinars free: these are optional and open to the public
- Voting rights on all major decisions and board elections: in a cooperative, the members are the owners
- Dividends paid yearly when there is a profit
- It's a great step toward becoming an Informed Beginnings Certified Educator (IBCE)!
To join, determine if you are a New or Experienced Educator, then follow the links below.
An Experienced Educator has been previously certified to teach childbirth education and completed 3 series of classes consisting of at least 16 hours. New Educators include both those who are completely new to the process as well as those who have begun certification or training with another organization; the New Educator Certification Packet includes an application to substitute completed requirements for InfoBe requirements.
Please visit our Steps to Certification for more information. When you are ready to order your certification packet, you may do so from our Online Educator Store.